Dogs donate blood – level 2
In Taiwan, an animal hospital became the first in the country where dogs can donate blood. The hospital hopes to help injured dogs which normally rely on ad hoc donations.
When a dog gets injured, it cannot always get a blood transfusion quickly. People must find a healthy dog over 20 kilograms in weight and between 1 to 8 years old.
Most dogs in the programme belong to students at the university. The scientists hope to help save the lives of cats and other pets as well.
Difficult words: donate (give something for free), rely on (if you rely on something, the thing is very important to you), ad hoc (not planned, improvised).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.