Dogs help stop the coronavirus – level 1
French scientists find out that dogs can smell the coronavirus. The result is very good.
Dogs are better than some of the simple COVID-19 tests. The tests are good when somebody is healthy. Sometimes, they do not always find out that somebody is ill.
Dogs smell the coronavirus in people´s sweat. They are almost always right.
Dogs can help ill people in airports and other crowded places. It is fast and cheap. People do not need to undergo unpleasant tests.
Difficult words: sweat (when somebody is hot, ill or when he does sports, and his skin gets wet), crowded (a place with many people), undergo (to have something happen to you and usually it is not nice).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.