Dogs Smell Cancer – level 3
Military dogs which used to protect soldiers are now being trained to sniff out prostate cancer in patients’ urine samples. The Italian researchers started the study after reading about dogs that were used to smell melanoma.
Dogs’ noses are very powerful, as they have up to 300 million sensors compared to a measly six million in humans. One dog was even able to identify the disease in a patient before the medical team.
As impressive as the canines’ performance is, you will not see dogs roaming hospital wards to diagnose patients any time soon. The team in Tuscany wants to develop an electronic tool to replicate the dog’s sense of smell.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.