Dramatic Situation in the Himalayas – level 2
An American university professor was climbing in Nepal when he fell down a hole. The crack in the ice was 22 metres deep, and the man got trapped in it.
The man thought that he was going to die. His arm and five ribs were broken, but he didn’t give up and he moved out of the gap. It took him six hours. He reached his tent in another three hours. Help came the next day.
Difficult words: crack (hole), trapped (unable to move), give up (stop trying).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
How could this man survive?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos