Drone with drugs in Mexico – level 2
A drone which carried three kilos of meth crashed at a border between Mexico and California. Police arrested nobody, but authorities are trying to find out where the drone came from and who controlled it.
This was not the first time drug dealers used a drone. People recently found drones with cigarettes and marijuana outside prisons.
Mexico’s drug dealers also use tunnels and other aircraft to move the drugs north.
Difficult words: meth (an illegal drug that many people want), authority (a person in a position of power), aircraft (something which can fly).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Are you for drones or against drones?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos