Drones cannot fly over Paris – level 2
Drones are becoming very popular with filmmakers and also amateurs. Many tourists want to make a film of a place which they visit. There is one city where it is not possible to use drones; it is the French capital, Paris.
France has very strict drone laws and officials classified Paris as a no-fly zone. It means that no drones can fly over Paris, and if so, drone pilots have troubles with police, and they pay big fines. Drone pilots are not happy with this law because they cannot do their work.
There are two main reasons why drones cannot fly over Paris. The first reason is that if drones fall, they can be dangerous for people. The second reason is security because officials worry that some people can use drones as weapons.
Difficult words: amateur (a person who does something for a long time as a hobby and not as a job), classify (to divide something in different groups or classes), fine (the money which someone has to pay when he breaks an official rule).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.