Drones fly over nuclear power plants – level 2
Drones flew over seven nuclear power stations in France between October 5th and 20th. The drones did not affect the safety or function of the nuclear stations, but France investigates the incidents.
It is a nuclear-reliant country. It has 58 reactors in 19 different power stations. The drone sightings concern people about the safety of nuclear power stations in France.
Difficult words: reliant (needing something), sighting (seeing something unusual), concern (worry).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think of this incident?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.