Drug for COVID-19 Patients – level 1
Researchers at the University of Albany in the USA study patients with COVID-19. These patients get a special drug. Doctors usually use this drug to treat people with malaria. Malaria is a sickness that people get from insects.
In the past, the US president, Donald Trump, says that the drug could be good for COVID-19 patients, too. In March, officials make it possible to use the drug in hospitals.
Researchers study 1,400 patients. They get the drug. However, they do not feel better. It seems that the drug does not help them.
The result of the study is not official. There are no random people in the study. There must be another study. It must follow official rules.
Difficult words: treat (give medical care), result (an end of a test), random (people who have other problems).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos