Dubai skyscraper on fire – level 2
One of the tallest buildings in the world was on fire. It started on the 50th floor of the 330-metre-tall skyscraper in Dubai. Nobody is sure what caused the fire. Some say that a cigarette butt started it.
Nobody reported injuries, but hundreds of people had to evacuate the building.
Difficult words: cigarette butt (the end of a cigarette), injury (damage to somebody’s body), report (to say something officially such as to the media).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this fire?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.