Ear on the Arm – level 2
A Chinese man lost an ear during a car accident, but doctors are trying to help him.
They took cartilage from his ribs and made the cartilage into an ear. They then put the ear under the skin of the man’s arm. It needs to grow there for at least three months. In the end, they will transplant it onto his head.
The patient has had many operations since the accident, not only for his ear, but also for his skin and cheeks. He hopes that the operations will bring him back a normal life.
Difficult words: cartilage (a flexible material of the body), ribs (the bones of the chest).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos