eBay and the Brain – level 3
In London, eBay opened the ‘Art of Shopping’, a space to help people learn about how they make purchases and to avoid copying others when they buy things.
The space has two rooms curated by Saatchi Art which you can walk around while wearing a headset. The headset measures gamma brainwaves, which relate to creativity and pleasure. At the end, people get specialised shopping carts that include product suggestions based on their experiences.
The Director of Communications at eBay said that eBay wants to remind people how personal, fun, and expressive shopping can be. The company has used neuroscience research to show what happens with inspired shopping versus regular shopping and that inspired shopping is more authentic to what people actually want and will make them happier.
Difficult words: curate (collect and organise), gamma brainwaves (one type of electricity in the brain), neuroscience (science related to the brain), inspire (fill someone with an urge to do something creative).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos