Ebola in Congo – level 1
There is Ebola in Congo. Ebola is a serious sickness. From August 2018 until now, 2,000 people catch it. Around 1,300 people die.
The World Health Organisation is trying to stop Ebola. It is not easy. There are some problems. People are fighting in some areas. Some people do not want to be vaccinated. Sometimes, people attack doctors. Doctors Without Borders had 130 attacks.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.