Elon Musk buys Twitter – level 2
Elon Musk is the world’s richest man; he announced that he was buying Twitter. Since 2013, Twitter was a public company, and now, it will become private. Millions of people use Twitter, and world leaders also use it.
Twitter banned the previous US president Donald Trump, and now, some people expect that Trump will return. In the past, Musk said that Twitter needed to change, and the only possible way to do it was to make it a private company. The change was important for freedom of speech on Twitter.
At first, the company didn’t want Musk to buy it, but his offer interested them. He offered to buy Twitter for 44 billion dollars, and 33.5 billion of those dollars were his money.
Difficult words: public company (a company which sold all or a part to the public), private (something that only belongs to one person or a group of people), freedom of speech (the right that anyone can freely say what he thinks).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.