Elon Musk fires 3,700 people – level 2
Elon Musk finally bought Twitter for 44 billion dollars, and he immediately made many changes in the company.
Right after the purchase, Musk fired some of Twitter’s top officials. He also sent a message to all his employees that he would fire 3,700 people, and he would send an email to each of them. Some media informed that Musk planned to sack nearly 75% of all the employees.
Other news said that Twitter would charge eight dollars a month for a blue tick mark next to account names on Twitter. This tick shows that Twitter verified somebody’s account. This information surprised many people, and many wondered about more news would come.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.