Emergency Landing – level 1
A truck driver is driving on a highway. Suddenly, the driver sees a small plane. The plane is flying above the highway. The plane lands on the highway. The driver is very surprised.
Howie Guidry is the pilot of the plane. He has problems with the engine. He must make an emergency landing.
However, the airport is far away. He cannot return to the airport. He remembers his teacher’s words. The pilot must find a big road.
The plane lands safely on the highway. However, it is a dangerous situation. Guidry and his mechanic must quickly move the plane away. The situation ends well. Nobody gets hurt.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.