Epidemic in Africa – Level 2
In Congo, many people are sick from measles which is a very deadly disease. This year, more than 3,500 children died from measles. This is more than during the epidemic of Ebola.
An organization says that this new epidemic is very big and it spreads fast. There have been over 180,000 cases in Congo this year. The government is quickly helping. The plan is to give medicine to almost 825,000 young children.
In 2018, there were 129,000 cases of measles in the world. In 2019, there have been more than 360,000 cases which is much more than last year.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.