Erdogan wins Turkey’s election again – level 1
Recep Tayyip Erdogan wins Turkey’’ 2023 presidential election. He continues to be the president of Turkey for more than 20 years.
Erdogan gets 52.14% of the votes. His opponent is Kilicdaroglu. He gets only 47.86% of the votes. Many people support Erdogan. They believe that Turkey will be safe with him. Kilicdaroglu and his party want a change. They want better relations with the West.
Erdogan must solve many problems. Some people worry that Erdogan will have too much power. Erdogan controls TV and radio. There are protests.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What consequences do you anticipate Erdogan's victory will have on the political landscape in Turkey?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.