Ether network – level 3
Ether is a technology that lets you send cryptocurrency to anyone for a small fee. It also powers applications that everyone can use; however, they can´t steal people´s data or censor.
The network recently turned six years old, and it has established itself as the most actively used blockchain network while its native token, Ethereum, is the second largest cryptocurrency by both market capitalization and daily use.
The emergence of decentralized finance allowed users to trade, borrow, and lend directly with one another without involving banks. The launch of Ethereum 2.0 should reduce fees and provide much faster transactions. Investors are seeing Ether as an ideal complement to Bitcoin.
Difficult words: blockchain (a database that stores blocks of data and then chains them together), market capitalization (the total value in a money of a company´s shares), decentralized finance (when people do business without a bank or a government to be part of the business), complement (a thing that goes well with another thing and makes its qualities more noticeable).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.