Ethiopia-Eritrea Border – level 3
Between 1998 and 2000, two East African countries named Eritrea and Ethiopia fought in a border war which killed thousands, and then closed the border.
Earlier this year, Ethiopia fully embraced a peace deal and last Tuesday, the border reopened. Families could reunite for the first time in 20 years, embassies reopened, telephone lines restored, and commercial flights resumed. Politicians and hundreds of people from both of the countries celebrated the reopening of the two key crossing points.
Difficult words: embrace (accept).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.