Europe pipe leaks – level 1
Nord Stream 1 and 2 are pipes. They move Russian gas to Europe. Russian gas is very important for Europe. Without it, Europe has energy problems for homes and factories.
Russia goes to war in Ukraine. Then Russia gets sanctions from other countries. Gas becomes very expensive.
Last month, Russia stops Nord Stream 1. On Tuesday, scientists see activity near Nord Stream 1 and 2. Maybe explosions happen.
Bubbles of gas show in the Baltic Sea. The bubbles come if the pipes leak. Gas is coming out from the pipes.
Some European leaders say that the incident is a sabotage. Sabotage is an action to break the pipes on purpose. Swedish officials start to investigate what happens.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.