European Parliament Election – level 3
The 2019 European Parliament election took place from May 23rd to May 26th and it was the first time that voter participation increased since 1979.
Around 400 million Europeans were eligible and about 51% participated in the elections, putting the number of those who voted somewhere near 203 million.
People expected nationalist parties to make large gains and they did. About one quarter of the available seats were won by them for the first time ever. However, pro-EU mainstream parties maintained dominance with 507 seats out of the parliament’s total 751.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.