European Super League – level 1
Managers of the best football clubs in Europe have a plan. They want to make a European Super League. The best and biggest teams will be in the new league.
The idea starts more than 30 years ago. The clubs want to start the league in 2021. Many people worry that it will change the world of football.
6 British teams sign the deal. Some of these teams are Arsenal, Chelsea, and Liverpool. 6 other teams from Spain and Italy sign, too. Some are Real Madrid, Barcelona, and Juventus.
Then football fans get very angry last week. They do not agree with the new league. Some players from the best teams are also not happy. The British prime minister wants to make a new law. This law will make it impossible to make the new league.
Difficult words: league (a group of sports teams which play against each other), prime minister (the leader of a government), impossible (when something cannot happen).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos