Europeans travel to US again – level 3
After waiting for more than 600 days, passengers across Europe crowded into airports to catch their first flights to the US since March 2020 when the country closed to most European travelers.
According to data from Travelport, a global technology company, flight reservations to and within the US have already reached 70% of their pre-pandemic levels.
Travelers were united by a sense of exhilaration despite the arduous process of getting through long lines and having paperwork ready. However, the upbeat mood can’t hide the fact that the aviation industry remains deep in crisis. Losses from the coronavirus pandemic are set to pass hundreds of billions of dollars this year, and hundreds of thousands of airline employees have lost their jobs.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.