Eurovision Song Contest – level 1
The Eurovision Song Contest is a competition. It is about singing. Countries compete against each other. Most countries are European. Other countries can compete, too.
The Eurovision Song Contest takes place every year. It starts in 1956. Seven countries compete in 1956.
The most successful country is Ireland. Ireland wins seven times. Sweden wins six times.
Eurovision has many rules. All singers must sing live. The song must not be more than three minutes long. There must not be any animals.
The show is very special and different. Millions of people watch it every year. Some people love it and some people hate it.
Difficult words: competition (an event when people or teams want to be better than the others), compete (when you do something and you want to be better than the others at it), rule (what somebody must or must not do).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.