Expensive working dog – level 1
An auction for special dogs is in Australia. These dogs help people at a farm. For example, these dogs can control big groups of animals.
People pay $35,200 for one dog. It is a record for one dog. One man says that the dog is so expensive because there are not many farm workers.
A video shows how the dog works with farm animals. He controls sheep and cows. He runs very fast.
Difficult words: auction (a place where you sell something to a person who pays more than other people), record (the best number in history), control (to make someone do something).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos