Extreme ironing – level 2
A Brit once came home and found a pile of ironing. He decided to make the chore fun, so he took it on the edge of a cliff and did it there.
His idea inspired other people and they ironed underwater, upside down, and even on the back of a cow.
The man who started all this stopped extreme ironing because he had to work and take care of his family. But now, after 11 years, he is back!
He says that it is fun to see how people react to extreme ironing. Some people are confused, some laugh, and some ignore you.
Difficult words: pile (many things on top one another), chore (something which you do at home and is not very fun), cliff (a large area of rock with a side which goes straight down).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about extreme ironing? Is it fun? Is it crazy? Is it a sport?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.