ExxonMobil at Court – level 2
Last year, the New York Attorney General accused the company ExxonMobil that it did not give its investors true information about how the regulations of emissions affect the company.
The attorney said that ExxonMobil did not tell the true cost of the regulations to its investors and they lost about $1.6 billion dollars.
On Tuesday, the judge said that there was no evidence that ExxonMobil lied to its investors and broke the law.
ExxonMobil said that it gave true information on the risks of climate change and that it wants to continue to research in technologies that lower emissions.
Difficult words: Attorney General (the head of the US law system), accuse (to say that somebody did something wrong), regulation (a law or rule), emissions (the gas and smoke that cars and companies produce).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.