Face projection – level 3
We’ve all heard the saying ’painting on a smile’. Well one Japanese artist has taken that phrase to a whole new level.
Nobumichi Asai has found a way to project and map expressions onto people’s faces, effectively creating a facial mask.
He and his team displayed their three-dimensional facial projection mapping system to a select group of spectators in Tokyo.
The team drew inspiration from the sense of beauty inherent in traditional Japanese culture, animation and technology. But they quickly discovered that simply projecting a totally symmetrical face, seen typically in video games, would produce a “Barbie Doll” look, killing the realism. So they instead designed a face asymmetrically introducing subtle flaws.
Asai and his team are currently looking for funding to take the project to the next level and are considering how they might be able to project on the human body next.
Are you a teacher? Download the exercises for your class here. They are for free. You can copy them and use them in your class.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.