Facebook smart glasses – level 3
Facebook launched its first smart glasses on Thursday in a step toward its goal of offering true augmented-reality spectacles.
The social media giant is the latest company to try to make video glasses go mainstream. The company unveiled its first pair of smart glasses that allows wearers to capture photos and short videos from their point of view and to easily post them on Facebook, Instagram, or WhatsApp. Users can also listen to music and podcasts, as well as take calls.
According to Facebook´s founder and CEO Mark Zuckerberg, Facebook wanted to build best-in-class glasses, and therefore they used the popular Ray-Ban frames that people already loved. Zuckerberg added that users wouldn´t have to choose between interacting with the device or the world around them anymore.
Google launched its Google glass in 2013; however, they abandoned it in 2015. That´s why Facebook teamed up with Ray-Ban to make its model look more fashionable and address privacy measures by including an LED light that appears when the glasses are recording.
Difficult words: augmented reality (changing the real-life environment by adding sound, visuals, or other sensory information), spectacles (glasses or other eye wear), best-in-class (the best of its kind).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.