Far-Right March in Sofia – level 3
Hundreds of Bulgarian nationalists marched through Sofia, Bulgaria, to honour General Hristo Lukov, a World War II general known for his pro-Nazi activities.
The government banned the annual march saying that it harmed the image of the country, but the organisers secured a court order which overturned the ban.
Officers guarded the procession from possible attacks by opponents of the event.
Difficult words: ban (prohibit something – say that people must not do it), secure (manage to get), court order (when the court tells what somebody can or cannot do), overturn (cancel), procession (a march or a parade).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.