Fast food restaurant sells a perfume – level 2
Burger King restaurants in Japan released a perfume on April Fools’ Day. They called it “Flame Grilled”.
However, the perfume was not a joke. Burger King actually sold it for 28 pounds. The perfume was unisex – both men and women could use it.
You could buy the perfume only for one day, and there was a limited supply of 1,000 bottles.
Difficult words: release (to sell a product for the first time), April Fools’s Day (people play practical jokes on each other on this day), supply (the amount of a product).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Would you buy this perfume?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.