Fathers Are Too Old – level 1
Fathers in England are getting older. In the 1990s, they were 31. Now, they are 33.
Younger fathers have healthier children, so this is a problem. One British doctor has a solution. He suggests that young men freeze their sperm. When the man is old, and he wants to have a baby, he can use his frozen sperm.
Difficult words: solution (something that you do to solve or stop a problem), suggest (to say), freeze (to make really cold), sperm (the things which come out of the penis when men have sex).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about freezing sperm?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos