Ferris wheel on fire in Bangkok – level 3
A theme park in Thailand has opened an investigation after a fire broke out in a passenger cabin of a Ferris wheel. The incident happened at the newly opened Dinosaur Planet theme park in capital Bangkok on Saturday. Thankfully, no one was injured in the incident. As park officials say, no customers were inside the burning carriage at the time.
It’s understood the fire broke out after a thunderstorm in the city. And in a statement on Facebook, the park said the attraction was closed before the incident as a safety precaution due to rain.
According to local media reports, the fire was brought under control within 20 minutes.
Difficult words: precaution (something you do to stop something bad from happening), due to (because of).
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.