Ferry accident in Bangladesh – level 2
A ferry with 150 people on board collided with a boat and overturned. More than 70 people, including women and children, died.
People saved at least 50 passengers. Police arrested the captain of the boat and his two crew. Accidents on the rivers of Bangladesh are common – the boats are of low quality and there are often too many people on them.
Difficult words: ferry (a boat which transports people), collide (to hit), crew (people who work on a ship).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Does it shock you when people die?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.