Ferry on fire – level 1
Mallorca is a Spanish island. A ferry goes from Mallorca to Spain. The ferry gets on fire. We don’t know why. A man films the ferry. Black smoke comes from it.
There are 156 people on board. They leave in life boats. All 156 of them are OK.
Difficult words: ferry (a big boat for moving people), on board (on a boat), life boat (a small boat which people use if they must leave a big boat).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about what happened to the ferry?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.