FIFA’s six men arrested – level 2
FIFA is at the centre of a fresh scandal. Its six officials were in Zurich ahead of a meeting which takes place every year, and police arrested them at a hotel over corruption charges.
People say that they took around $100 million over 20 years. The police will move the arrested men to the USA soon.
Difficult words: official (a person who represents an organisation), corruption (when you take somebody’s money and you do something bad that the person wants), charge (to say officially that somebody did something wrong).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.