Fight on a Plane – level 3
At Burbank, California, passengers were disembarking from a Southwest plane when something unexpected happened; a fight broke out between two men. Someone recorded the event with a mobile phone as onlookers and crew members attempted to stop the fight. After the brawl, police arrested one of the men.
Southwest Airlines says that its flight crews have training on how to de-escalate conflict. The airline did not say what prompted the altercation.
Difficult words: disembark (leave a large vehicle such as a plane or a ship), brawl (a physical fight), de-escalate (reduce), prompt (make), altercation (a fight or an argument).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos