First sustainable fuel flight – level 1
A special plane from Virgin Atlantic flies from London to New York. Why is it special? Because it uses a different kind of fuel. This fuel is called sustainable aviation fuel (SAF). It does not use petroleum.
This fuel is better for the natural world. The plane carries only a few people. One of them is Richard Branson, the boss of Virgin Atlantic. The flight shows how planes can use fuel which makes less emissions. But this special fuel is more expensive. Also, it is not easy to produce a lot of it.
Most planes still use the usual fuel. Richard Branson thinks that it will take some time before many planes can use this special fuel. Airplanes make the air dirty. The people who make planes want to find better ways to make them and use them.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What efforts are being made to increase the production and use of sustainable aviation fuel (SAF)?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.