Floods in Japan – level 3
An unprecedented rainfall in western Japan caused flash floods and a number of landslides. In the worst hit area, 60 centimetres of rain fell in just 24 hours.
As the rain continues to fall, two million people have orders to evacuate, but it was already too late for at least 60 people who died in the floods.
Locals and rescuers, including 40 helicopters are searching for the missing and are working against time, as people expect another 25 centimetres of rain.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.