Fortress in Libya – level 2
People discovered a Roman fortress in the Libyan desert, around 109 kilometres south-west of Benghazi. People call the ruins the ‘Kerdsai Fortress’ and they date back to the 2nd century AD.
An archaeologist explained that the fortress was built over a high hill in the middle of the desert because it was the place of a Roman road.
There is also an ancient palace just one mile from the fortress. Someone built it in a way that archaeologists have never seen before.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.