Four Men Run Away – level 2
Four foreign prisoners escaped from a prison on Bali. This is common in Indonesia. Prisons are overcrowded and more people are getting arrested because of drugs.
The four men from Australia, Bulgaria, India and Malaysia were locked up for an immigration offence, money laundering, and drug offences. They escaped through a hole in a wall that connects to a water tunnel.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.