Franz Beckenbauer dies – level 2
German soccer legend Franz Beckenbauer died at the age of 78. His remarkable career lasted over 50 years.
Beckenbauer was an amazing player, coach, a football expert, and he greatly impacted the sport. His commanding presence on the pitch, both with West Germany and Bayern Munich, earned him acclaim. He played a key role in Bayern Munich’s nest years in the mid-1970s. During this time, the club achieved three European Cups and Bundesliga titles. As a manager, Beckenbauer won the 1972 European Championship. In 1974, he was the captain when his team won the World Cup.
Politicians, fans, colleagues, and football clubs reacted to Beckenbauer’s death. He remains a symbol of German football excellence.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What is Franz Beckenbauer's legacy in German football and how did he impact the sport?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.