Free Internet – level 1
There is a law about Internet neutrality. It starts in 2015. In 2017, the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) changes it. The FCC controls US states and their laws on the Internet. Some people do not agree with the change. They say that this is not legal. They say that the Internet must be free and open for everybody.
Now the situation is different. The FCC cancels some rules. A court confirms the change. The FCC must change the rules. They must protect people and everything must be legal.
The FCC leader is happy with the new situation. He says that Internet is free. He wants free Internet in the future, too.
Difficult words: law (the official rules), neutrality (a situation when no one controls something), confirm (say that something is true)
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos