Free period products in Scotland – level 2
Right now, many products are more expensive, and for some women, they cannot buy period products.
Scotland became the first country to make a law for free period products for women and girls. They can get period products at schools, shopping centers, or other places. Before the new law, poor women could ask food banks for help.
Some women have so little money that they can’t buy these products every month. Sometimes, they use the products longer than is safe or hygienic. For this reason, they can’t do all activities or go to all places.
Difficult words: period (once a month, blood comes from a woman’s body), food bank (a place with food for poor people), hygienic (clean).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos