Friends are back – level 3
We waited long enough and now it’s finally been confirmed – the cast of “Friends” are reuniting.
“We’re friends, we’re six different people that seem to gel pretty well, and we get together and watch the show together on Thursday nights. I don’t know, it just worked from the second we met each other.”
TV bosses have announced Ross, Phoebe, Chandler, Monica, Rachel and Joey will get together for a two-hour comedy special on NBC next month.
The popular series, which followed the life of six adults in their mid-20s trying to navigate work, life and love in Manhattan, came to an end in 2004.
“We had a very good idea that this had a very good shot at least having a chance of being successful…”
The reunion is a tribute to TV comedy director James Burrows, in which Jennifer Aniston, Courteney Cox, Lisa Kudrow, Matt LeBlanc, Matthew Perry and David Schwimmer will feature. The six stars, whose careers were launched by the show, have rarely come together as a group since.
Aniston, Cox and Kudrow last appeared together in 2014 to spoof their “Friends” characters in a sketch on late-night talk show “Jimmy Kimmel Live”.
“Friends”, which premiered in 1994, became one of NBC’s most-watched shows and has appeared on lists of the greatest TV shows in history.
“Yes, yes, for the last time we are all actually good friends. Thank you. Thanks very much.”
Difficult words: cast (a group of actors), reunite (to meet again after some time), announce (to say something officially), shot (a chance), reunion (an act of reuniting), spoof (to make fun of, to imitate).
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.