Friends Turned Family – level 2
This news is about two men from Hawaii. They met at school 60 years ago and became best friends for life.
They recently started researching their ancestry, and they found out that they have the same birth mother! They were friends all those years but they never knew that they were family.
The brothers told people the news at a party two days before Christmas Day. They say that they have plans to enjoy their retirement together.
Difficult words: research (study, get more information about), ancestry (family), retirement (the time of your life when you are old and do not work).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos