Frozen Pants Challenge – level 1
The weather in the US is very cold now. Strong winds from the north bring cold air. The temperature can be -30 degrees Celsius. Several people already die this winter.
Many people still want to enjoy the winter. The frozen pants challenge starts. People put their pants in water. Then, they hang them outside. It is so cold that the pants freeze quickly. Then, people stand them up.
Some people use pajamas or hockey uniforms. One man stands up a police uniform next to his car. Social media is full of funny pictures of these pants. If it is cold outside, you can try the frozen pants challenge, too.
Difficult words: temperature (how warm or cold something is), challenge (a task which many people do), pajamas (clothes which people sleep in).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos