Future Cars at CES – level 3
The Consumer Electronic Show (CES) ran in Las Vegas from the 5th to the 8th January 2017, and the big part of the show was about cars that can detect emotion, or are self-driving or are voice controlled.
Honda’s latest concept, equipped with a digital assistant named HANA, can detect the driver’s emotions and play appropriate music. It can also function autonomously as a ride-sharing vehicle making money for its owner while the owner is at work or asleep.
If you fancy speaking to your car, the Oasis concept car might interest you as it is voice-controlled. Its rear is designed for cargo like parcels or pizzas, and there is a small garden in the dashboard to make the space more personal.
If you do not want to interact much with your car, the self-driving ones will do just fine. Nissan’s Seamless Autonomous Mobility system will help autonomous vehicles make decisions in unpredictable situations.
Difficult words: dashboard (the area in front of the driver), seamless (continuous), unpredictable (not able to be predicted; difficult).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.