German Airlines Strike – level 1
Lufthansa has a cheap airlines called Eurowings. Eurowings has to cancel more than 170 flights. There is a 3-day long flight attendant strike.
The flight attendants have a union. It tells them to strike. This is because the people in the union and Lufthansa do not agree. The union wants to make different rules for the workers for part-time work.
The canceled flights happen this week from Monday to Wednesday. Eurowings is not happy. It wants to give people flights from Christmas to the New Year.
Difficult words: flight attendant (the worker on a plane who helps people be comfortable and safe), strike (when workers do not work so that their business can help them with something), union (a group of people who help workers).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.