Giant Killer Salamander – level 1
This news is about an animal. It lived 200 million years ago. It lived in lakes and rivers. It looked like a crocodile. The animal is called the “giant killer salamander”.
It was as long as a small car. It had a large head. Its mouth was full of teeth. It ate fish.
People find bones from this animal. They find them in Portugal. Experts study the bones.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this animal?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.